Crisis response coordination
Responding to emergencies like COVID-19 provides significant challenges to any organisation. Health Emergency Operations Centres (H-EOC) are the mechanism to bring together your plans, people and systems to ensure an orderly, timely and effective response in an evolving risk environment.
Operationalising your response
An H-EOC is more than a physical location and information technology. It is a method of organising a response to a disaster or outbreak using a purpose-built incident management system with defined command, control, coordination and communication structures that compliment your existing organigram.
Your Health Emergency Operations Centre is where robust processes are implemented by a well-coordinated team. Your staff will be able to systematically track and pre-empt emerging risks ensuring timely and adequately resourced responses to critical incidents.
H-EOCs provide a communications hub, streamlining coordination internally and with partners and systematising reporting so that decision-makers are empowered with information in real-time.
Respond Global works at both the strategic policy level and at the operational field level assisting others to respond to major health crises.
Respond Global has a proven track record in supporting health-related entities respond to COVID-19 and other emergencies. Our team can rapidly establish or enhance Health Emergency Operations Centres that are suited to organisational requirements, are scalable and adaptable to the situation at hand.
We can help you establish a Health-EOC that will build on your existing organigram, through tailored design, practical tool development, training and on-going support.
- Concise plans, frameworks and protocols to deliver required services.
- Purpose-built incident management systems and H-EOC structures, including on a secure virtual platform.
- Fit-for-purpose reporting and communication tools to ensure governance and line-of-sight compliance for Board, executives and strategic partners.
- Health Emergency Operations Centres training in functions, roles, systems and coordination.
- Developing medical and outbreak response plans for governments and the private sector.
- Exercise development, walk-throughs and simulations.
Respond & Deliver
- Health-EOC implementation with on-going training and assessment of Health-EOC functionality.
- 24/7 Health-EOC advice and remote support.
- Deployment of ready response support teams for Health-EOC establishment or surge.
- Critical incident response support to senior management for mass casualty, mass burns and outbreak events.
- Post-implementation assessment and quality assurance.
Respond Global has experience in responding to some of the world’s largest outbreaks and disasters in very challenging conditions.
- Leading COVID-19 preparedness and response including establishment of aged care response in Victoria and country health coordination for Western Australia.
- Managing cruise ship COVID-19 outbreaks in Australia and the US.
- Establishing COVID-19 field hospital for the UN in West Africa.
- Leading the clinical response to the Ebola outbreak in West Africa (2014-2015) and the Democratic Republic of Congo (2019-2020).
- Managing the Diphtheria outbreak in Bangladesh amongst the Rohingya migrant camps (2018).
Disaster Coordination & Response
- Managing health response to the Pakistan floods (2010), Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines (2013), Nepal Earthquake (2015), and Mosul conflict (2016/17).
- Developing H-EOCs, medical response plans and conducting training and exercises in over 50 countries.